The Small Art Show took place this past weekend at Dexter’s Camera in downtown Ventura. Patrick, DJ over at The Hero Co Radio Show, was one of the curators of the show and was gracious enough to invite me to participate.
There was a great bill of talented artists from pinstriping master Jeff Wolf (who I bought a rad piece from), to one of my favorite photographers and humans Scott Toepfer, to the talented sign painter Dave Bond (aka Lucky B). The show was to benefit the Bell Arts Factory in Ventura, an arts program for kids. The kids of the program all prepared pieces to unveil at the show and there are definitely a few Van Goghs waiting to emerge. A great program doing great things for the kids. Portions of all proceeds of art sold and raffle tickets sold will go back to Bell Arts, so swing by Dexter’s Camera to peruse the art available. Patrick and Matt will also be posting the artwork online shortly!
484 E. Main Street
Take a look at my work in the show here!
Other highlights of the night:
- I won two raffles! Dice magazine prize pack and some lovely earrings. I swear it wasn’t rigged.
- Got to fit in my bi-annual Scott Toepfer hang. That guy is a gem. Not to mention a super talented photographer.
- I got to see Ventura for the first time! What a rad little city.
- I got to meet the talented sign painter, Dave Bond.
- Met some amazing artists and new friends.
- Bought an amazing piece from Jeff Wolf! (picture below)